"Graceland" is the name of my favorite song and album. It's by Paul Simon, but more importantly, it's what "home" sounds and feels like to me. We always listened to this album as we traveled from my home in Tennessee to my parents' childhood homes in Florida. But today, it's also a pretty good snapshot of my theology. Somewhere I really believe that the Christian journey is all about a wild trip to Grace-land. As I see it, Grace-land is the place where God is waiting to meet even us–with all the baggage and brokeness that we tote with us. Grace-land is the place where we will be received with open arms, even though our attempts at “getting it right” have been miserable failures at best. But, I think, every step we take is a step on the journey to Graceland.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Best Ev-ar: Guilty Pleasure

I try to keep a bar of dark chocolate around to satisfy a sweet tooth because a little goes a long way.  Quality dark chocolate will keep me from just wanting to eat more and more sugar. (Besides, as all girls know, chocolate might as well be its own food group--absolutely essential to life.  Definitely adds a lot more to the quality of life than say, brussels sprouts!)

But this new thing from Ghirardelli might be hard for me to use in that way.  The Sea Salt Soiree is so amazing that it's hard not to eat the whole bar.  The idea of salted chocolate appealing to me is new.  One of my friends recommended the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks, and when I sadly discovered they were out of my seasonal favorite, the Peppermint Mocha, I gave the Hot Chocolate a try.  Now I have two favorites...

The sea salt brings out the sweetness of the otherwise slightly bitter chocolate flavor.  Go ahead, give it a try.  You know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment